|

Antwort auf: Discussion – Keynote-Paper “The Evolution of WAC and SoTL”

Startseite Foren Diskussionsforum “Schreiblehrkonzepte an Hochschulen” Discussion – Keynote-Paper “The Evolution of WAC and SoTL” Antwort auf: Discussion – Keynote-Paper “The Evolution of WAC and SoTL”

Andrea Karsten
Gast

ad 4.
One thing that struck me when I read the keynote paper was the idea of disciplinary styles in SoTL. In fact, my impression so far has been – and this is now sort of confirmed in the 4th question above – that many teachers use more general inquiry methods.
My question may be naive: In order to study learning, not all research methodologies seem suitable to me (e.g. physisists’ methodologies). On the other hand, not all teachers can “just like that” use methodologies from the social and educational sciences or other disciplines that are maybe more suited to study social interaction. The outcome may be really poor research, judged from the view of disciplines that have more expertise in these methodologies.
So, what could be the solution? Maybe I am overlooking something? But to mee it seems like a big dilemma.

Quelle:https://schreibenlehren.de/forums/reply/1783/