|

Antwort auf: Discussion – Keynote-Paper “The Evolution of WAC and SoTL”

Startseite Foren Diskussionsforum “Schreiblehrkonzepte an Hochschulen” Discussion – Keynote-Paper “The Evolution of WAC and SoTL” Antwort auf: Discussion – Keynote-Paper “The Evolution of WAC and SoTL”

Nora Hoffmann
Gast

Something I was wondering about while reading the keynote: I thought WAC meant facilitating writing and did not automatically imply that methods were also made an object of research. So, as far as I understood the connection between WAC and SoTL before reading the keynote, doing research on WAC is a part of SoTL, as WAC is a part of teaching and learning. Am I wrong there? Is WAC always connected with inquiry, or does it also exist in an only practical way?
A second though: As long as we want to use our research for improving our teaching of writing, I agree, that all methods of all disciplines may be helpful for gaining new knowledge. But we do this research not only for this purpose, but also to argue for our existence as writing centers and the relevance of supporting students in learning to write. To convince university management and educational policy, I guess we will need professionally conducted empirical research, which unfortunately only very few of us can provide.

Quelle:https://schreibenlehren.de/forums/reply/1782/